Sunday, April 22, 2007

Renovations

I've been living back at my parents' for almost a month now. I didn't really get to do a lot of renovation work at my old place, which is sad, because I love doing things with my own hands. So I figured I might as well drill a few holes in the walls of my parents' apartment.

This wooden sculpture, for instance, badly needed "new eyes". The first step was to drill a hole straight through the middle of the right eye. I mean the left eye. It was my right eye, but the sculpture's left eye. No no... it wasn't my right eye... the sculpture's left eye was on my right side. Anyway, once I was done with that, I started looking for a drill-bit-hole-shaped object to insert into the freshly made hole. Unfortunately, my right hand was busy holding the drill, and my left hand was busy holding a 12 oz. bottle of Hoffner Hefeweissen. Also, my attention was diverted towards the sculpture's right eye, which seemingly glared at me (unlike the left eye, which was at this point missing), with a sort of an angry expression in it.

I'm not really sure how this story ended, but I do know that I still had to go to work the next day. Also, a big padlock mysteriously appeared on the tool shed. How did it get there? Can padlocks really locomote on their own? Why did my head hurt in the morning? Perhaps we'll find out next time.

No comments: