Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The log entry you hope to never see!

This is the log entry from my most infamous skydive. It was my first learning tandem jump in Cross Keys, New Jersey.

Having already been accustomed to the feeling of free-fall, I'm just having fun when my tandem master pulls the ripcord, all cheery and laughy. He then instructs me to look up. And I'm, like, why would I do that? I look up, regardless, and see a canopy that resembles a bow-tie in shape. At the same moment the tandem master says "We got a crappy parachute. We have to get rid of it." It hits me like a ton of bricks, and the fun factor disappears entirely. He continues to instruct me and ask me if I'm ready, and I'm like, do it already!

Long story short, the reserve opened just fine and I'm still alive! :)

No comments: