Friday, September 02, 2011

Microsoft does it again!

I've always considered Microsoft's software engineering department to be a bunch of brainless zombies, and here's more proof of that:
 
If you're having trouble viewing this video, right-click it and click "View Video".
About ten years ago, I hacked Explorer to remove all the useless toolbars and assign all the keyboard shortcuts I needed. Subsequently, I installed filetype-specific context menus available upon a right-click, and installed the Picasa plugin to give me instant image previews. Now, Microsoft comes out with this piece of cutting edge. Great job, guys. Great job.

1 comment:

Daniel Rubin said...

So for power users this looks like it littered with needless crap that takes up a lot of screen real-estate and for novice users it is utterly confusing -- just the sheer amount of different UI elements is insane.

I guess I'm sticking with Windows 7 for a long time now, as I did with XP.